Want to add cannabinoids or terpenes to the skin? Well now you can, and here, we’ll go over how you can make this.
What is It?
Cannabis balms and salves are usually made with beeswax, giving it a harder finish and a longer shelf life, with the preparations varying, and usually containing different botanicals to help benefit the skin and improve the health. The process of making this is pretty simple, and it involves extracting the phytochemicals from a fat source, and then, it is used to provide the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other molecules too.
The Benefits of This?
It is directly put onto the skin, which can touch the cannabinoids in the skin area. For those who want better circulation and want to get the cannabinoids directly into the skin, it can help to really improve it, and offer phytochemicals for the job.
The ECS is what’s used to keep the body properly balanced and offer better cell growth and wellness. These balms and salves will help to give these cannabinoids in a more concentrated manner. These are also usually heavier in carrier oils too and offer a harder consistency. Some also may contain essential oils too!
How to Make this
To make this is pretty easy, and it’s a good way to really add beneficial skin elements to the body. First, one needs the ingredients that are needed, which include but aren’t limited to the following.
- A double boiler
- A mixing bowl
- A small storage jar
- A baking tray
- Aluminum foil
- 10g of cannabis of choice
- ½ a cup of olive oil
- ½ a cup of beeswax
- 2 cups of coconut oil
The directions for this are very easy for you to follow.
- First you must decarb, which is to activate the buds through the heat. This is to help make sure that you’re getting pure THC and CBD. Pretty much, jut put them on a baking tray with foil, put it in the oven for 40 minutes, and then let this cool down.
- Next, infuse the coconut oil by setting up the double boiler. Put the coconut oil in there, mix with the decarbed pieces that you have, set this to heat up, and stir it, and ten, take the oil out.
- From there, mix everything else that you have after you strain the materials through the cheesecloth to the bowl you’re using. Add in the beeswax and the oil over low heat, stirring in order to combine. Then, mix it with everything else.
- When finally all properly mixed together, take this off of the heat, and then put this in shallow jars to store, in order to let it harden and cool. Shallow mason jars or screw-top jars are great because they let the person apply this without having to dig in deep
And there you have it, that’s all that you need to use! It’s pretty simple, and so long as you’re willing to wait, you can make some great salves and balms as well. So how do you use this. Apply it where you want, on the feet, hands, arms, lips, or whatever is needed in order to offer love and care.
It’s best to make sure that you only use this on external areas for best results, and don’t try to ingest it, even though it’s natural, it’s best if you don’t try to add that to your body, since it probably won’t taste good either, if you think about it as well too.